Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolution

Truth is we all make promises we don't keep.  New Years Resolutions are the worst.  Last year I made one.  To get up early every morning and spend time with God.  I started a prayer journal and I also journaled several books of the Bible.  God helped me keep this up all year and I intend to do it again.  It is the first resolution I have kept in my 56 years of opportunity.

This year I am doing an extra journal about my favorite chapters in the Bible.  What they personally mean to me in 2010.  I am looking forward to the journey. 


There are so many things I want to do and wish I had the fortitude to finish.  One is to lose 40 pounds.  So I will give in yet another try.  But the one thing I really want to do is wait for God. I opened my Bible this morning as I began to organize my new 2010 journals and I found this text. Maybe this will explain what I mean by "wait for God."  Psalm 62:5-8.

"My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us,  Selah."

I want to do this throughout the coming year.  There is much happening with my daughter going back to college and I will have to take care of her boys.  Also, my sister-in law and her husband are moving here to run Mountain Air Oxygen Service, Inc.  It will be wonderful to have them.  We are in the middle of remodeling our home and need to get that job completed.  There are other changes coming and I need to hit them head on with this text in mind. 

I look forward to a wonderful year and praise God that He is my rock and refuge.  I hope that you will also have a very blessed 2010 and that God's glory shines abundantly on you to light your way.

Keep searching. It's an adventure! You'll be surprised what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment