Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce




I decided to try my hand at making a real cheesecake and chose a flavor fit for the season - pumpkin!  This one I found while surfing the web at Taste of Home. I have to say it turned out quite tasty.  

I also wanted to try my hand at making real caramel sauce to drizzle on the top. This turned out to be fairly simple but you do have to pay close attention to the recipe and have everything ready as it goes fast.  
For my first attempt this turned out really tasty.  The one thing that I had to change was the baking time.  At my altitude, 7600 ft it took about an hour and 20 minutes to bake. I watched it very carefully and checked every five minutes to make sure I didn't over bake the cake.  Otherwise I didn't change anything else in the recipe.




I used some of the ginger snap cookies to decorate the top and I used real whipped cream whipped to almost butter but not quite so that I could  pipe it in nice swirls around the cake.

Click on any of the highlighted links above for the recipes. Let me know what you think.  Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment