Sunday, May 3, 2015

Lizzy's First Birthday

My youngest granddaughter, Lizzy, turned one today.  Were did the time go!! 

I don't use molds much but Wilton puts out pretty cool molds so I thought I would try them.  It turned out cute, but I need to be cleaner around the edges when molding.  Other than that I think this cake turned out cute.

I usually make my own fondant, but lately I keep some store bought on hand for small stuff and when I don't really have time to make it.  This was Wilton's.  I am going to try other brands and will let you know what I like best.  However, I think I will always like home made the best!  I make Marshmallow Fondant. I also use Butter Cream Frosting for crumb coating.



I made  cupcakes to go with the cake and they turned out delicious.  I used the Old Fashion Butter Cake Recipe with Butter Cream Frosting and a bit of Chocolate Frosting under that. The Chocolate Frosting recipe is on the same link as the Butter Cake Recipe. Just scroll down a bit.

Lizzy isn't one for liking bread or bread like stuff.  She doesn't like the texture. It has to be in cracker form or toasted.  Once she tasted the cake though she was hooked.  


WOW! I HAVE THE CUTEST GRANDKIDS!!




No comments:

Post a Comment