Sunday, February 21, 2016

Custard Base Vanilla Ice Cream

Homemade ice cream is the best.  I have an electric ice cream maker that sits on my counter top.  It came with recipes that I have tried and are good.  The one I make most doesn't use eggs.  However, I kept hearing about eggs making the ice cream much smoother and, of course, richer.

I wanted to try a custard base ice cream recipe.  I found one on line from a site that I found my butter cream and fondant recipes. What'sCookingAmerica.net. If you click on the custard base link it will take you there.

This turned out very good.  It was smooth and rich and good flavor.  I used home made chocolate sauce and home made caramel sauce and sprinkled with chopped walnuts.  Oh boy howdy - out of this world. The recipe makes a small amount so double or triple it depending on the size of your ice cream maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment