Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Bible Baptismal Cake

Two of my grandchildren were baptized this past December 2016.  They were baptized with their friend Seth.  It was a beautiful service and such an enjoyable Sabbath. 

For this cake I made chocolate cake.  I used a box mix because I didn't have time to mess with a cake from scratch.  I made four rectangle cakes and froze them.  While I had time I went to You Tube and watched how others put a book together.  I wanted this to be open. I used a chocolate ganache filling.

I put the two layers together and then carved the book shape and covered each side with fondant.  The lace book mark ribbon is edible lace on top of a black strip of fondant.  I used the Russian Icing Tips for the flowers.  It's the first time using them.  I do like them but I think I need more practice.

The "pages" are painted with luster dust mixed with vodka.  The vodka evaporates and sets the color on the fondant. I had wrote the words but next time I think I will use a smaller round tip.  All in all it turned out pretty good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment