Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fresh Asparagus, the Best Ever!

The San Luis Valley has some wonderful asparagus that grows along the canals.  You just have to know where to look.  Unfortunately I am not giving away my secret.  But if you ever do find it you will be ruined for life from eating store bought asparagus. 

Greg and Denice came by our house and picked up Don and me to go "harvesting".  We had a wonderful drive.  The day was beautifully warm and the sky was blue.  But after awhile the storm clouds gathered and it began to rain and hail.  But that didn't deter Greg and Don.  They endured the pelting and gathered beautiful specimens.  As soon as we got home I sorted them into spears and others that I would chop.  Tomorrow we are having asparagus quiche.  Yum!  If it doesn't get eaten too fast I will post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment