Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Casey

Today is Casey's birthday.  She is 28.  I can't believe my baby girl is 28 and has two beautiful little boys of her own.  She grew up far to fast.

We had a wonderful lunch party at the Bistro Rialto in Alamosa.  It is a nice restaurante run by Kent and Sandy.  They know Casey is vegetarian so they made a special eggplant lasagna today just for her.  It was very tasty!

We also had chocolate moose cheesecake and Tiramisu. You really can't have a birthday party or party of any kind without chocolate can you?

Sebby, Davy, and I made special birthday cards for Mommy.  I took pictures of them holding a red heart that said, "I love you Mommy".  Then we printed them off and put them in a card.  Each boy signed it for her and added their own special touches to the card.  Of course she said she was going to keep those cards FOREVER!

We had the flower shop deliver a balloon bouquet to the Bistro.  Casey really liked it.  Then when I went to pay for the balloons after lunch the flower lady gave me five roses for free.  They were left over from Valentine's day and she didn't want to throw them away. Score!!!

On the way home Casey and I talked about how nice it is to do something special on your birthday.  When we are kids it feels like such a wonderful day with it's own special feelings.  When we get older we stop doing the party things so much, because, well I guess we try to talk ourselves into believing that birthday parties are just for kids.  We decided no matter how old we get, we still like parties on our birthdays.  Why not? Life is to short to get rid of parties, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment