Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Rocking Chair

My little Grandsons, Sebby and Davy, have been sick for the last week.  Sebby has asthma brought on by a cold that Davy caught.  Davy's cold has resulted in a minor ear infection.  Both are on antibiotics and fever reducers.  I hate to see them sick.  When they are down, I am down.  I want them to be well and healthy and happy.  But even when they are down, I enjoy rocking them in the rocking chair and singing the rocking chair song:

 Rocking in the rocking chair
Rocking in the rocking chair
Rocking in the rocking chair
All day long.
Rocking with Grammy
Rocking with Sebby,
Rocking in the Rocking chair
All day long.

Many hurts and owies are comforted in the Rocking Chair. It is a place of comfort and security.  My boys like to get their fuzzy soft blankets and climb on my lap and cuddle while we softly sing.  When the hurt is over they hop down and go about their play as if nothing bad ever happened. Sometimes they would fall asleep and I would not want to put them down but hold them for as long as I could without my arms or legs going to sleep.

This is a fond memory for me.  I know that my boys will always have comforting memories of the Rocking Chair and our little song. I don't think I will ever get rid of that chair now.  Maybe I will pass it on to one of them when they have their own children and they can carry on the comforting rides in the Rocking Chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment