Thursday, January 14, 2010

Going For a Walk and the Pea


I couldn't believe that it warmed up to 39 degrees the other day.  No wind, sun shining.  So I packed up the grandbabies and we went for a walk around the block.  Now I had to decide since we are in the middle of potty training if I should let Sebby wear his "big boy underwear" or switch to a pull up in case we didn't make it back in time.  I asked him and he said he wanted to be a big boy.  So we went potty right before we left the house. I decided to walk around the small block so we would have plenty of time to make it back before he had to go again.

We had a wonderful walk.  Sebby was pointing out all the stuff to look at.  When we got to the opposite side of the pond we could see our house and he was excited and  pointed it out.  We climbed on rocks, straddled landscape timbers and heard the train whistle.  It was fun. 

We turned the last corner onto our street and Sebby squatted down and looked at a flower, or so he wanted me to think.  Within a few seconds there was a puddle around his shoes.  Oh well, he had to be cold for a short time, but we did have a nice walk.


He is getting better about the potty training though.  Today he decided that he should be awarded gum for "booty duty" so he said, " I have to go Grammy."  He sat there and grunted and groaned.  Nothing.  Off, wash hands, sit down for two minutes in the living room and then, "I have to go Grammy!"  So back in and through the routine again.  Nothing!  Five times we did this in the span of about 10 minutes.  He finally was able to produce a pea size "duty" and hopped off in excitement.  "I did it! I did it! Gum please!"  All that moaning and groaning, up and down, washing of hands just for a stick of gum.  Funny what motivates kids, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment