Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hunkering Down and Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's getting colder by the minute.  I think it's going to snow again.  Sigh.  I really am tired of the snow and cold, but the nice thing about it is that I can snuggle with the boys.  Davy came this morning with this darling and very warm hat on.  He looks so cute in it.

Both of the boys have colds. So what's new.  They decided to get on Grammy's fluffy bed and wrap up in blankets to watch cartoons.  Sebby said, "Can I watch cartoons Grammy? That would cheer me up."  How can I refuse. 

We did make cookies today. They came out really good. 


Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Cream together:
1 pound butter softened, (four sticks or two cups)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed

Add to creamed butter and sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 Tablespoon vanilla
and beat till fluffy.

Separately  put
4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
in a bowl and stir dry ingredients together. Add spoonful at at time to mixture and beat on low till well blended

Add
1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips

Stir till blended.

You don't have to grease the cookie sheet, but I either spray it a little bit or use parchment paper liner. I actually use a small ice cream scoop (about 1.5 inch) to shape the cookies.  They all come out the same size that way. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is good for high altitude cookies.  I live at 7600 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment