Monday, March 1, 2010

Labor Update # 9

We are at the hospital.  It is 6:30 am and Callie is getting Pitocen (hope I spelled that correctly) and they are getting her booked into the system.  The baby monitor is on and I can hear my granddaughter's heart beating rhymically.  Sounds like all is well.
Callie is relaxed and trying to drink lots of water so her IV will go right the first time.  She always has difficulty with IVs.  She hates needles and I have to distract her while they put it in.  Really, I think that's why she lets me in the delivery room, so I can distract her from all that is going on.

We are in Mission Memorial in Ashville.  It is a nice hospital and when we were walking in Callie said that she really liked it here.  The people are nice and I hope all goes well again.  Abby was born in this hospital two years ago.  When I walked in memories of being at her birth flooded in.  It was a wonderful experience.

Callie's dear friend, Laura Shetley, is coming also to video as much of the birth as allowed by the hospital.  They don't allow certain shots to be taken.  That is a good thing in my opinion.  It is also nice to have someone worry about the pictures so I can tend to Callie.

Well, we are going to get to work laboring....I will post periodically throughout the day and get pictures up as soon as possible.  Thanks for following along.  Hope you enjoy with us and all goes well for this family.  Would love your prayers today.



No comments:

Post a Comment